Friday, July 22, 2011

Restaurant Review: Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant

Well, I'd love to continue my posts on the "Must-Sees" of Ireland, but all of my pictures are on my sister's laptop which I am unable to access for the weekend.

Fear not. I will continue Ireland Week as soon as I can. If you are missing the Emerald Isle, you can look back at the previous posts:

1. Dublin
2. Glendalough, The Rock of Cashel, The Ring of Kerry
3. Dingle
4. Sea Kayaking in Dingle

Today let's talk about something near and dear to my heart: eating out.

As some know, I am a disaster in the kitchen. I have scars on my hands to prove it. So I love to go out to eat.

It turns out the the guy who lives above my sister and I owns the Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant which just moved into the Brookfield Square Mall, literally three minutes from our apartment.



They had a welcome party a few weeks ago and my sister somehow got us on the list.

They do have a few locations. Three in Illinois, one in Indiana and there brand new one in Wisconsin.

For the welcome party they let us try three wines and then get any drink we wanted for free. Then they let us each choose an appetizer, an entree and a dessert... all on the house.

For appetizers we had Mini Crab Cakes and Thai Chicken Flatbread. The Crab Cakes were wonderful. I would definitely get them again. I would pass on the flatbread.

I had the Cooper's Hawk Farm Grill: A Bleu Cheese-Crusted Tenderloin Medallion, a Maple, Mustard, and Pretzel-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Medallion, and a Parmesan-Crusted Lamb Chop. Served with Asparagus and Mary's Potatoes


My sister had Pistachio Crusted Grouper: Fresh Filet of Grouper, Sautéed, and Topped with a Pistachio Crust. Served with Our Mustard Sauce, Mary’s Potatoes, and Asparagus.


My cousin was there with us too... but I must have forgotten to take a picture of her food.

No one spoke for a good couple of minutes as we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We all agree that we would get them again.

And, to top it off, we got Banoffee Pie: A Cooper's Hawk Specialty. Graham Cracker Crust and Fresh Sliced Bananas in a Toffee Filling with Real Whipped Cream. 


Lets just say we've already been there again, and we ordered this. Oh, my, gosh. Yum.

And...my sister and I joined there wine club, even though we know nothing about wine. But for only $32 a month we get two bottles of wine plus a number of other discounts to use for there wine and at there restaurant. So far the experience as been great. We've already finished one of the bottles. ;)

I would give Cooper's Hawk a 5 out of 5 rating. The atmosphere is great. The prices are reasonable and the food is fantastic.

If you've got one near you, or you're in an area visiting, definitely check them out!

2 comments:

Julie Kibler said...

LOVE banoffee pie. Had it at a pub in Edinburgh on a drizzly November night! Great memory just now ...

Kelley said...

Ooo, its gotta be even better in Edinburgh!

Thanks for stopping by!

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!