Sunday, July 24, 2011

Let me introduce you to the new Italian Idol!!

Yup, yup. If you didn't a chance to read about yesterday's fun, go here.

Tonight I went back to Festa Italiana with my parents... thanks mom and dad! Feesty was cheering me on from Chitown (Chicago area). Just know it all started with you babe.

I, as well as eight other contestants were invited back to compete for the title of Italian Idol. The competition was pretty tough. It's hard because you're competing against different generations with a variety of song choices. I wouldn't have wanted to be the judges...

I sang 'Before He Cheats' by Carrie Underwood. I must say, I thought tonight's performace was better than yesterday's. They also had us each sing a 'snipet' of an Italian song. I chose 'That's Amore' by Dean Martin. I don't think I botched it up too bad... haha.

Well, in the end... I won! I was shocked because there were a number that were quite good. I was awarded $250 in prize money. It was so much fun and I really appreciate all the work that was put into running, and judging the whole competition.

This link, if you are so curious, was my performance from Saturday night (not tonight). Thanks Feesty for being such a great photographer!

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!