Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farmer's Market and Maxwell Street Days

Today I went to the beautiful city of Madison, WI.


If you've never been, you should go. I might be slightly biased, as I spent six years doing my undergraduate studies here (and there's a reason I took six years ;)). But it really is a fantastic place.

Today my sister, my cousin and I spent the day there. We did the World Famous Farmer's Market. (Okay, maybe its not world famous, but its frigin' awesome.)

The 100 or so vendors wrap around the state capitol, letting you taste everything from fruits and vegetables. To pestos and breads. And... these little beauties...

Only the best cheese ever. Some of it is fried too, of course. Come on, its Wisconsin. ;)

Then there are an assortment of gorgeous flowers. I wish I could have gotten some, but they wouldn't have lasted all day in my car. :(


After getting some breakfast pastries we spent a good four hours on State Street for Maxwell Street Days. As did hundreds of other people. We got a few cute dresses on super duper sale.



It was a beautiful, albeit hot, day. And I definitely can't wait to head back there in a few weekends.

What did you do today?

1 comment:

savvyjulie@gmail.com said...

I am jealous. That is all

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!