Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hmmm, what to write first?  What should the very first words on my blog be?


No pressure, right? ;)


How about... Welcome!   


I'm Kelley. The first thing you are probably thinking is, who are you?


The second is, why would I want to read your blog? 

Well, those are very good questions and I would be more than happy to answer them.



First off, who am I. 
I am a 25-year-old woman working in the corporate world. Last year at this time I graduated with a degree in Engineering and was very fortunate to get a job with a company that I really like, and with people I really respect. I live in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI, an area I have lived in my whole life. I currently live with my younger sister, and my puppy (who is actually eight, so not a puppy at all). I am very blessed to have wonderful friends and family and a great life in general.


What is this blog about? Why should you read it.
Before graduation I had it all figured out. I was going to get that degree, find a great job, hang out with friends on the weekend, play volleyball in the summer with a cold one in my hand. I was going to finally have time to relax without the pressure of school looming constantly over my head. 


Perfection.


Then I graduated, and realized that things weren't meant to be quite that simple. I did get that degree and found that great job. And I do hang out with my friends. And although volleyball is probably the sport I am the worst at, its still fun to play (and much more difficult to do so when you're holding a beverage in your hand ;)). But then there was so much more I wanted to do as well. Parts of me that had been dormant while my focus was elsewhere in college were bubbling to the surface. I wanted to sing in a band as the audience raised there glasses. I found myself in front of my laptop, finally writing down the story that had been stuck in my head for years. I adopted a dog as well as a 'little sister' through the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. I have tried my hand at cooking (the burns prove it) and have been thankful that my sister is much better than I am. I've climbed some mountains in Ireland (the exact one in the picture below) and have started planning for next year's trip.


There's a whole list of other things I've dabbled in since graduation... but why give away everything in the first post. :)


Just in this past year my interests have grown and I know they're not done. I am by no means an expert at any of them, there are just too many things that I like, to spend enough time to become one. But I know there are experts out there, and I also know that there are many others like me who would be interested in what they have to say, and who would want to share there experiences with others. My hope is that this blog will be a sounding board for sharing successes, failures, advice and stories that many will be interested in.


Basically, its gonna be a little bit of everything.


Because I'm a 'Jack of all Trades, Master of None.'


Just call me Jack ;) 

1 comment:

savvyjulie@gmail.com said...

Um...hi?? You didn't tell me you were thinking of starting a blog! I am now subscribing to it. :)

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!