Saturday, June 25, 2011

Quick and Easy: Beef Pot Roast!!

One thing you will learn about me, if you don't already know, is that I am a disaster in the kitchen. I've done everything from forgetting to add the wet ingredients, to melting a plastic bad to the outside of a glass pan. Not to mention the burns on my hands :)

Luckily for me, I have a new roommate and... she's a great cook (among many other things :)).

She also happens to be my younger sister, Jenny.


Now instead of my english muffins and peanut butter for dinner, I get things like BBQ chicken, crepes and... Beef Pot Roast!

While the other two things were very good, the Pot Roast was beyond yummy so I thought I would share it with you. The great thing about this meal is all you have to do is throw the ingredients in a Crock Pot and when you get back from work, its done! It also makes great leftovers.

Beef Pot Roast (8 Servings)


Ingredients:
2lb Red Potatoes
1lb Carrots
7oz Italian Dressing Dry Mix
7oz Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
1.2oz Brown Gravy Dry Mix
3.1lb Roast Beef
3/4 Cup Water

Directions:
Cut potatoes in halves or thirds. Put in bottom of crockpot. Put in carrots. Put Roast on veggies. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Rub some on Roast. Sprinkle rest veggies & roast. Add 3/4 cup water. Cook on low in crockpot for 7-9 hours.

And then you get something that looks like this!


Next time Jen thinks she's going to try adding mushrooms and onions... yum, yum, yum.

Do you have any 'go-to' Crock Pot meals? Any 'go-to' quick and easy meals in general? If so, leave a comment! Or, email me and you can share it here with others!

No comments:

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!